As crazy as it sounds, Mudgie turned 7 months old this week. He's eating solid foods every day, rolling over (every once in a while), sitting up to play, saying "Mama"...it amazing all the things this little boy can do. And that's really what he feels like these days, a little boy. Except for when he's cuddling with me as we dance in the kitchen. I LOVE watching him learn and grow, but I also wish I could bottle up some of this baby time, because it already feels like it's going by too fast.
This weekend we went up to Maine to stay at the Coughlin's cabin. It's a 4 hour car ride up to Sugarloaf, but Mudgie did great on the way up there. We left around 6:30pm on Friday night, and he slept the whole way up there! He ate and played for a little while when we arrived, but then he went back to sleep for the night. Daddy and I took turns skiing on Saturday. Eli had plenty of playmates, between us, the Coughlin's and their 2 kids, there was always someone doting on the baby. Sunday we were brave and left Eli with Jim and his daughter Carly for the morning so Dave and I could go skiing together. It was the first time we'd had alone together in months! The ride home Sunday afternoon went better than I expected. Mudgie slept for 3 of the 4 hours. We stopped to feed him when he woke up, but he still cried for most of that last hour...oh well. It was still a great weekend. Next year he can come skiing with us!
As for the project crib update, it's not going well. However, I'm commited to continuing our nightly attempts. We had to take a break for the weekend, since the pack-and-play was just one more giant thing to bring, and it was doubtful we'd even use it, but the project will continue this week...
2 comments:
7 months! I can't wait to see him and you guys in a couple weeks!! I'm so glad he pooped. It seems like with kids and dogs, poop is a common conversation topic. Nathan and I find ourselves talking about poop several times a day :)
Oh my Gosh! Look at Mudgie in his snow suit and his own sled! That is adorable! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment