Sunday, February 8, 2009

Project Crib



So if you haven't guessed by now, Mudgie finally pooped (at 3am on Monday morning). That was followed by about 5 more during the day. Unfortunately, his bowels are giving us a repeat performance this weekend. I don't know what goes on with his little system on the weekends...my guess is that is has something to do with the fact that he eats a more reasonable amount of milk when he's nursing as compared to when he's taking bottles at daycare, but I wish he would continue to poop!

Anyway, Dave and I decided it was time for Mudgie to become a little more independent. We are trying to get him to sleep in his crib for at least part of the night. On Thursday night, Eli and I cuddled up in the big bed and nursed for a while (time - 8:30). When he was asleep I moved him into his crib (time - 8:45). He woke up briefly during the transfer, but I just rubbed his little head and he put his fingers in his mouth and went right back to sleep. Dave and I went to bed around 10:30, and he was still sound asleep in his crib. I woke a couple times while Mudgie snoozed away, and then at 3:15 am I went to get him because I couldn't sleep...I was really starting to think something was wrong!!! Of course he was fine, and he did a little dream feed and slept pretty well until about 6am, when we started our usual fuss/nurse/sleep routine. I couldn't believe how well our first night had gone!

Unfortunately, Friday and Saturday night did not go as well. Friday night it took 3 attempts to get him into the crib. He'd nurse and fall asleep in the big bed, I'd try to transfer him, he'd wake up when I went to put him into the crib, and we'd go back to the big bed to try again. When I finally got him into the crib, he only slept there for 30-45 minutes, at which time we just went into the big bed for the night. Then on Saturday he would wake up every time I tried to move him, so we never even got to the crib! I'm hoping this is related to the first topic in the post, and once he "goes #2" we can resume project crib...stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the title "Project Crib"...I will stay tuned...