Well, it's not as good as we'd like, but we've managed to get Eli in his crib for naps! When I see him getting tired, I can take him upstairs, turn on the mobile (thank you Grammy), lay him down on his tummy (yes, tummy) and stroke his little head. He sticks his favorite 2 fingers in his mouth, and although he fusses once or twice, he will relax and fall asleep in his crib! It's pretty amazing!
Mudgie is also becoming more mobile...not independently, since he still hates tummy time and hasn't gotten up on his hands and knees to attempt crawling, but he's figured out how to make the walking motion with his legs while holding on to your fingers. He can pull himself up to standing and "walk" a couple feet! He enjoys standing so much now that he never wants to sit, which is great for his learning, but exhausting for us, as we can't leave him alone at all!
Every week he just gets more and more fun. He's playing really well now, enjoying books more, and as I say just about every week, becoming a real little boy! This afternoon we were playing with Mudgie's cups. I would put one on his head, and he's move his eyes around "looking" for the cup. Then he'd tip his head forward, the cup would fall to the floor, and we'd both start laughing hysterically. For the first time, Mudgie and I were laughing together, instead of at one another. It was amazing, and I can't wait for more moments like it!
1 comment:
Look at that face! This is the reason I am coming up there in a couple of weeks! I can't take it anymore!!!
Post a Comment