Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Super" Sunday



So it is the biggest day in football, and as HUGE football fans, Dave and I could care less. It's amazing the effect such a little man can have on your life! This time last year we were anxiously watching and hoping the Patriots would finish the perfect season. This year, the game is on the TV, but we are much more concerned with whether or not Mudgie pooped.

You see, with the introduction of solid food, Mudgie's system has been getting a little backed up. This week we decided to introduce prunes, with the hope that they would help move things along. Unfortunately, they haven't helped that much this weekend. Eli hasn't pooped for 3 days, and he's getting pretty uncomfortable. We feel so bad for the little guy, but there really isn't much we can do. We'll be calling the doctor if things don't work themselves out by tomorrow.

On a positive note, Eli has really been enjoying his exersaucer and jumperoo. He can (finally) entertain himself in these apparatus for 5-10 minutes at time. Last week he even figured out how to bounce himself in the jumperoo. Now there are nights where both Dave and I can eat dinner with 2 hands at the same time...it's amazing! Seriously, though, it's just incredible how much Eli grows and changes every week. We never know what to expect next.

The last thing I have to share is Eli's verbal skills. This week he started saying "mama", and while most of the time I'm sure he doesn't know what he's saying, there have been a couple times when I could swear he was calling for me. Probably just wishful thinking...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope Eli's digestive tract is performing properly by now! I think I would have heard otherwise from Grammy Moe!

WOW! Eli must be like his Auntie and is already mumbling words! Yipee! Maybe a future Speech Pathologist???

I MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY!