Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Project Crib" Going Well










As another week flies by, Mudgie is getting ever more mature. Ever since "the bed" incident last week, he has been going down in the crib every night. Our bedtime routine is as follows: bath (only on bath nights), get changed for bed, turn off all the lights upstairs, turn on the mobile, dance and sing quietly (I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, since that is what the mobile plays), and then lay Mudgie down on his belly in the crib. He sticks his 2 fingers in his mouth and goes right to bed. Sometimes he'll lift his head up to look at me once or twice, and I just rub his back or his head and he'll lay right back down. However, when he wakes up after sleeping a few hours, we still just bring him into bed with us. Maybe next weekend we can work on spending the whole night in his crib!

This weekend Mudgie went for some more pictures at Kiddie Kandids. I've included all the photos in the post. I'm really happy with how they came out, especially the one with the blocks. Comparing these pictures to the ones we did for Christmas, you can really see how much Mudgie is growing.

Speaking of growing, I think we have a budding musician on our hands. This week we introduced a new toy into Eli's repertoire...the pot. In combination with "black spoon", Mudgie can play quite the musical selection on "the pot". Also, by putting his cup collection inside "the pot" and again using "black spoon," he is also trying his hand at culinary arts. He's so advanced!

Lastly, Mudgie continues to amaze me with the amount of food he can consume. He will now eat almost 1/4 cup of oatmeal in the morning, and then down a full serving of yogurt at the same sitting! In the evening, he's sucking down more than a full jar (4 oz) of baby food. This little boy has quite an appetite, but I think we all knew that already. He had his first finger food this week...avocado. He was a little unsure what to make of it, but really seemed to enjoy feeding himself. This weekend we gave him a baby rice cracker, and he loved that, so this week I'm going to try to figure out some more finger foods for him. Until next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! We need to have another visit sometime soon. =)

~Grace

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable! These new pics are so awesome! I cannot wait...in less than 10 days I am going to be able to get my hands on my nephew! I cannot wait to play the "pot" and "black spoon" with him! P.S. HAPPY 1ST ST. PATRICK'S DAY MUDGIE!