Well, I wasn't gone all weekend, but I was in training to learn "Group Groove" at the gym. It was a 3-day long training (about 8 hours each day), leaving Mudgie alone with Dad (and Grammy and Grampy who came up for the weekend to help Dad out)! Mudgie was really good for everyone while I was gone. He's such a different boy now than he was even 1 month ago. He's so good at playing (even if his favorite toy is still the black plastic kitchen spoon), sitting, and now even rolling over with ease.
Speaking of which, he's now so good at rolling over that "Project Crib" has been thrown into high gear! Yes, I'm the horrible mom who let her baby roll off the bed. Mudgie was fine (I searched every inch of his body for injuries), but I was SO shaken up. Fortunately, he fell onto a pillow, but that did nothing to ease my guilt.
And as for project crib, it's actually going really well. For 2 nights in a row now, Mudgie has fallen asleep in his crib. Last night he stayed there for a little more than an hour, and I'm hoping tonight is even better! I'm almost a little sad for him to leave our bed...he was kind of like sleeping with a warm and cuddly teddy bear. On the other hand, it will be nice to have our bed back all to ourselves!
Finally, Mudgie started eating some formula this weekend. We mixed it in with his cereal instead of mama's milk, and that seemed to go just fine. He will probably get a couple ounces of formula at daycare as well, to take some of the pressure off of me. He's a hungry little boy and tough to keep up with.
So in closing, Mudgie had a blast with everyone this weekend, and Mama missed her little boy terribly. I can't wait until next weekend when we can just relax, cuddle, and play!
1 comment:
Sounds like everyone had a grand ol' time while you were groovin' your butt off! Heehee.
Oh yeah, by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Post a Comment