Well, Mudgie got his worst cold yet. We know it's nothing more than a cold because we've been to the doctor's office...twice. Eli had a fever when I picked him up at daycare on Wednesday, and he stayed home on Thursday, which is when we made our first doctor visit. I knew that it was probably nothing, but with the fever and the coughing I had to get him checked out...turns out I was right. We got sent home with a "I hope he feels better soon"...thanks, me too!
Meanwhile, Mudgie's cough and nose congestion get worse, his appetite diminishes, his fever persists, and he starts wheezing. So back to the doctor we go on Sunday (there is clinic open on weekend mornings), only to prove once again that we are overly-worried first-time parents, and that Mudgie still has nothing more than a cold! Don't get me wrong because I'm glad that he's not REALLY sick, but I also wouldn't mind some drugs that would make him feel better and help him (aka both of us) sleep better.
Now, in the midst of his sickness, Auntie Lisa came up from North Carolina for a weekend visit. I think she may have been a little dissappointed that Mudgie wasn't more friendly. He's still very Mommy-centric, and doesn't do well with substitutes. Fortunately, even though he was sick, he was still in a relatively good mood, and while she didn't get to hold him much, Lisa did get plenty of play time on the floor. She got to see Mudge play with all his favorite toys: pot, black spoon, cups, rings, baby grand piano, and cars. He still loves his jumperoo, and he's getting so big that we had to put in on the next higher setting...I remember when his feet didn't even touch the floor!
Mama hopes that everyone in the house is feeling better soon (Daddy is starting to feel sick now, too). The lack of sleep is really starting to get to me. I am way more clumsy than normal (which is already pretty clumsy), and I'm starting to hear Mudgie crying all the time. He will be upstairs sleeping in his crib, but in my head, I can hear him crying. I'm hoping this is just due to my lack of sleep, and that I'm not going insane, but only time will tell.
1 comment:
I wish I was more like Mudgie when I am sick...He was wonderful even though the little guy felt horrible! I had an awesome time!
Post a Comment