Sunday, April 19, 2009

9 Months Old...and Teeth!



Mudgie had his 9 month well baby check-up this week. He weighs in at a whopping 19 lb. 4 oz! He's also now 27.5 inches long (although I think the nurse actually short-changed him 1/2 an inch, but who's really counting?). The rest of the doctor's visit was relatively uneventful, and although he did need to get 1 shot, he took it like a champ and hardly cried at all. My little boy is growing up so fast.

And speaking of growing up, Mudgie finally cut his first tooth! In fact, because a Weatherwax never does anything halfway, he cut 2 teeth at the same time. He now has 2 pearly whites popping out of his bottom gums. He has yet to bite Mommy, and I'd like to keep it that way. He's also getting very good at having conversations, although you still can't understand anything he says. If you babble to him, saying "yayaya" or "gagaga"or "mamama" or "dadada" he'll repeat something like that back to you. I should also mention how he loves to drink water out of a big cup. This is something he's actually been doing for months, but we finally got a cute picture to share with everyone.

Mudgie is such a lovable little boy. There are times I'll look at him and want to cry because I can't contain the love I have for this little boy. Then there are times (and there have been more of this week that I'd like to admit) that I just want to cry because I'm so frustrated with him! I don't know if it's his teeth, or the cold he's come down with (again), but it seems like every afternoon he gets super fussy and stays that way until bedtime. Then, instead of sleeping 3-7 hours in his first stretch, he's up every hour for most of the night. He's not hungry, he's just cranky all night long. I'm really hoping this passes soon, because next weekend we are leaving for vacation and I'd love for us all to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Sounds like he might just be fussy because of his teeth...or maybe he really just wants to start talking already! Heehee!