Sunday, May 17, 2009

10 Months Old


Every month I write another post about how Mudgie is another month older, and every month, as cliche as it sounds, I just can't believe how big he's getting and how quickly he's growing up! This week was filled with bedtime struggles. One thing Eli used to do really well was go to bed at night. He's still never slept through the night (the medical definition of 5 hours does not constitute sleeping through the night in my book), but at least bedtime went pretty smoothly. However, this week, instead of following our bedtime routine and then easily going to bed in his crib, Mudgie would scream and cry for hours. We would start our bedtime routine at 7:30, and he wouldn't go to sleep until 10pm! After a few nights of this, I decided to try and let him cry for a bit. I put him down, and let him scream for 5 minutes before I went back in. It was terrible for everyone. He was nowhere close to calm and I saw no end to the crying in sight. When I went to get him, he just seemed so traumatized. I tried to nurse him, but all he did was stare out into space. Then it was my turn to cry! I vowed never to do that again. Since then, I've just repeated our bedtime routine (nurse, rock/sing/dance, crib) as many times as needed until he finally goes to sleep in the crib. Thankfully, it seems to be improving.

At 10 months old, Mudgie has quite a few "tricks" up his sleeve. He can now say "mama" and almost says "dada" on command. He will wave hello and goodbye, and he loves to clap for himself! If there is music on, he will bop to it. If you tell him "no no no" he will shake his head no...this one is particularly cute! He's still not crawling, but his walking is getting better every day, and he's starting to do things while holding on with only 1 hand, and this weekend he started shuffling along the furniture! My little man gets bigger every day, and we just continue to fall more and more in love with him. Who knew that was even possible?

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Look at those bottom teeth! I haven't seen them yet! I cant believe how big my nephew is getting either! He is absolutely precious!

I am sure Dave is getting more and more excited everyday to here Mudgie get closer to saying Dada...it would be cool if he did it before Father's Day!

I MISS YOU GUYS TERRIBLY!