Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and a Red Sox Game






We all seemed to adjust to our regular schedules fairly well after a week of vacation. Mama and Daddy went back to work, and Mudgie went back to daycare. However, Mudgie's "normal" is forever changing, so we are working to adjust as always. As he's eating more and more solids (he's now at almost 3 meals a day), his milk intake is decreasing. Last week he only took about 12 oz. a day at daycare, down from an all-time high of 23 oz! He seems to be plumping up, so I don't think this is a problem. Mudgie has also started waking up before 6am...we are not really too happy with this new wake-up time, but he's happy and playful, and there's not really anything we can do about it.

On Saturday we took Mudgie to his first Red Sox game. Fortunately, the weather was great, and Mudgie really seemed to enjoy the first 5 innings. Then he started to get a little bored and cramped in those tiny Fenway seats, so Daddy and I took turns walking him around the ballpark. Daddy took Eli with him to get a beer, and just before the two of them got back to the seats, Mudgie stuck his hand right in Daddy's cup! Mommy didn't want to intoxicate the baby, as his hands are almost constantly in his mouth these days, so I did the first thing I could think of to clean him up...I licked the beer off his hand! Sometimes I'm still surprised they actually let us leave the hospital with him when he was born. Anyway, the Red Sox got killed, but we had fun nonetheless!

Sunday we went out to Western MA to spend Mother's Day with the moms. We all went out to brunch together, which was very tasty, and Mudgie was on his best behavior! Then we all went back to Agawam to visit for a while. It's nice how our parents all seem to get along really well, as it makes holidays like this so much more pleasant! I think everyone had a very nice time...I know I did! Unfortunately, we had a leave early enough to come home and deal with some of the destruction the storms Saturday inflicted upon our trees. Half of one of the trees in our front yard was struck by lightning and came down on our fence and arborvitaes (put in last spring), our pool cover (purchased last fall), our sprinkler box (put in this spring), our patio chair, and literally inches from Dave's car. We just feel lucky that it didn't land on the car or the house! Another one of our beautiful pine trees in the back snapped in half as well. In any event, it was a busy weekend, and the storm will ensure that it's a busy week as well.

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

WOW! Mudgie's already been to a Red Sox game and he isn't even 1 years old yet! He has already beaten his Auntie on this life experience!

Mom told me that you all had a great time on your Mother's Day brunch! It must be awesome to hear someone call YOU Mama on Mothers Day!

I hope you guys are cleaned up from that storm. I heard all about it from Mom and Dad!