Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Short Week



With the Monday holiday, we all had a short week this week. Mudgie is getting better at walking every day. He will now trot around the house only holding on with 1 hand. If I had to guess, I would say he'll be walking by his birthday!

Sleep, however, is not improving. I will put Mudgie to bed around 8pm (this time seems to be pretty consistent for him), and he will sleep for 1-2 hours. Then he will wake up screaming. Sometimes he will go back down for another 1-2 hours, other times I will spend the next 1-2 hours trying to get him back down. On the nights he does go back to sleep easily, our 1-2 hour period of nurse/rock, crib, cry, repeat just happens a little later in the night. I'm growing very tired of this routine, perhaps because I'm just very tired! We know he has to get better at sleeping at some point, I just hope I can make it that long. While during the day, I know there are very rational reasons why Mudgie is not sleeping well these days; he's teething, working on new words and walking. All of this makes it difficult for his little brain to shut down. At night, however, I sometimes get mad at him for not going back to sleep (or staying asleep). In the morning, I always feel guilting for getting upset, but a few days later it will happen again. Hopefully, he will start sleeping better soon, and I can stop feeling so guilty!

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Sounds like the little booger thinks he's missing something important if he sleeps for too long! The good thing is...it can only get better!