

Well, it been an interesting week. Mudgie is not one to let me stick my finger in his mouth and feel around for teeth without biting me (can you blame him?), so I don't check his teething progress all that regularly. However, I got in there for a status update this week and was surprised to find 3 new teeth! Then later in the week another 1 (or 2, it's hard to tell without losing a finger) popped out! All these new teeth are on the top, and bring his grand total to around 8. With all these teeth have come a few wakeful nights, but I guess that's to be expected.
I also think Mudgie's getting ready for or going through a growth spurt. He been sleeping a lot (10-12 hours at night), and taking 2 good naps a day. Then there's the fact that he's eating like a horse. He's been a hungry, hungry hippo all weekend. For example, on Friday he nursed for about 45 mintues before we got out of bed. Then he ate Cheerios and puffs while I got dressed, and then he ate a giant bowl of oatmeal and an entire container of yogurt for breakfast. He had some more puffs on our way out to western Mass. Then he had an entire banana for a snack before eating a whole grilled cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch. He had some more puffs and some peanut butter crackers for an afternoon snack, and then some stir-fry for dinner. I don't really understand how it all fit in there!
We had a lot of fun with the little guy this weekend. On Saturday, we all took a trip to the playground in town. Mudgie, again, had a lot of fun, but this time he got a little possessive of the swings. He wanted to play on everything, but whenever another kid wanted to go on the swings when Mudgie did, he'd run up and started yelling. Fortunately, no one could understand what he was saying, or I would have been really embarrassed! I think we need to start learning how to share soon, or we could have big problem...
On Sunday, Mudgie climbed his highest mountain yet, Mt. Moosilauke. When we got the pack out in the morning, he got all excited, ran over to it, and started tugging on it to let us know he wanted to go in. I'm glad that he can tell us that he really does enjoy these trips we take him on, and he's not simply "tolerating" it! He was a good boy on the way up (as long as we kept him well filled), and didn't get really fussy until we got to the top. What a great day for hiking. We had amazing weather, views, and even decent foliage! By the time we got to the top, the little guy was ready for a nap. He was pretty fussy, so we didn't hang out for too long, and after 15-20 minutes of descent, he was asleep. Mudgie took a good hour long nap, and woke up in a great mood. He had a ball during the rest of our trip! We had a nice dinner before heading back home, where he went right to bed.
2 comments:
How great is that! You'll have to tell me what kid backpack you have. I want to do foliage hike this fall. Mudgie looks like such a little boy now and Michele, you look fabulous! What's your secret? Sounds like everything is going great these days! YAY!
The only problem is, more food=more output (if ya know what I mean)...next step? Potty Training! Heehee!
Post a Comment