Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mudgie says "Mudgie"



My little man has a vocabulary that's growing by leaps and bounds. Every day he continues to amaze me with what he understands, and he's finally beginning to say stuff that the rest of the world can understand. Most of his "real" speech centers around food because again, this week, he's been a very hungry little boy (with a belly that's not so little anymore). When he wants food, he'll point to what he wants and say "Me", or "Mine", and now he's also added "Mudgie" to that list. Sooo cute!

He's such a cuddly little boy, and I just can't get enough of it. He will give out hugs and snuggles on demand, and whenever he sees something soft (like a stuffed animal, towel, or even a piece of furniture) he'll snuggle with that as well. Even still, he is still all boy, growling like a dinosaur whenever he's looking for some laughs!

As I mentioned earlier, I think we are still in the middle of a growth spurt, because Mudgie is packing away any morsel put in front of him...even vegetables (gasp). He will down raw onions and tomatoes on taco night, and happily eat the broccoli on his pizza. Unfortunately, I don't know which direction he's growing in faster...he has this round little belly that hangs over his diaper. Hopefully his body will grow into his appetite before he becomes an Umpa Lumpa!

Be advised, next week we are traveling to North Carolina to visit Auntie Lisa and Uncle Robb (and Grammy and Grampy who will be there too), so there may not be a blog update until we get back. We'll see how ambitious I feel when we are down there!

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

I must say if he's turning into an Umpa Lumpa, he is the cutest Umpa Lumpa I've ever seen!