Though we've been striving to get things back to something resembling normal, it's been a tough road. On Sunday Mudgie started running a fever, and it persisted throughout the night, so we couldn't send him to daycare on Monday. The two of us stayed home, and while he was a little more cuddly than normal, he seemed fine otherwise. Mudgie had a little fever when I put him down for his nap, so I gave him some Tylenol to take care of that. When he woke up 2 hours later, he still had the same fever, so I gave him some Motrin too. After snack (about 45 minutes later) he felt very warm, so I took his temp again, and it had gone up! That scared me enough to call the doctor, who fit us in at the end of the day. Of course once we finally got seen, the fever was gone, but his right ear looked a bit pink, so the doctor thought it was likely an ear infection and sent us off with a prescription.
Thankfully, the doctor said he was not contagious, so on Tuesday I went back to work and Mudgie went back to daycare. He really missed all of his friends, and was so happy to have kids to play with again!
On Saturday, Mudgie and Daddy went out to Western Mass so I could bake massive amounts of cookies. Mudgie went Christmas shopping and got to play in Petco...apparently, that was a big hit. He loved the fish, the birds, and the rodents and kept running around from one to the other because he couldn't decide what he liked best!
On Sunday we got our Christmas tree, and Mudgie was pretty confused about the whole thing. I guess I don't blame him. I mean, it's a pretty weird tradition to cut down a tree and put it up inside your house, but he got that past that pretty quickly when Daddy let him help put the lights on the tree. Mudgie is such a fan of anything that lights up and/or plays music, so this time of year is perfect for him! I can't wait to see what he does on Christmas morning.
1 comment:
We cannot wait to see what he does on Christmas morning either! We are so excited! We remember last year when he was just a baby loving his presents! HEE HEE!
Post a Comment