
My little guy is already 3 months old, and he's developing quite a personality. He loves watching his big brother play. Mudgie is equally fond of Aaron, and loves to get right up in his face and talk baby talk to him. Aaron is not as much a fan of this move, but seeing as he can't escape on his own, he tolerates it fairly well. Mudgie's baby talk now sounds like a string of swear words, which is a little embarrassing in public, but I'm hoping if I don't make a big deal about it and use different baby talk, this too shall pass.
On Friday, the boys and I went out to Western Mass to visit Grampy Michael. It was my first solo trip with the boys, and it went VERY well. Everyone was great on the ride out there, and Mudgie even took a little nap in the car. He got a special treat when we found out they were repaving the road/parking lot right in front of Grampy's building. He got to watch them paving the whole time we were there! We all had a nice visit, and both boys had another great ride home, except Mudgie, who was supposed to nap on this ride, didn't fall asleep until we were 5 minutes from home. Fortunately, he was so out that I carried him from the car to his room and he didn't wake up, leaving me to feed Aaron in peace. Unfortunately, we had to get flu shots 30 mintues later, and so I then carried him back to the car, where he woke up still tired and cranky. Clearly, he was in the perfect mood for a shot. Of course there was much crying involved, but once we got out of the doctor's office, he was in a pretty good mood.
We played outside for a while, and then went inside and baked cookies! It was our first true co-baking experience. Mudgie helped pour stuff into the mixing bowl and then he helped me stir it up. However, I'm pretty sure his favorite part was getting to eat some of the chocolate chips! When Daddy came home that afternoon, I had just taken the last of the cookies out of the oven, both kids were happy and quiet, and I was feeling pretty good about my parenting abilities.
And then it was Saturday. I'm not sure what got into Aaron this weekend, but he was one cranky little boy. I'm sure it didn't help the family dynamic that Mudgie has been waking up before 6am, so Daddy's been a little over-tired and cranky too. For the record, Mudgie was great. Aaron really only wanted to eat and sleep all weekend. He had very few "awake and happy" periods, and when I say he wanted to sleep, what I really mean is that he needed to sleep but fought it with every bone in his body. I think I spent at least 5 hours dancing/rocking that boy to sleep...I actually think it's giving me tendinitis!
Thankfully, Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax were here to help out, and Mudgie had a blast with them. I love watching him form these amazing relationships, as I was/am so close with my grandparents. It does, however, make me sad knowing that my mom won't get to experience that, and Mudgie and Aaron won't ever really know her. But we have amazing family, and I do feel truly lucky to have some many people who love us, even when some of us seem to spend the entire weekend screaming...
2 comments:
Wow Aaron's 3 months old already! And Mudgie is old enough to help bake cookies! My nephews are getting so big!
Those pictures are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment