Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mommy goes back to work








Although I really enjoyed my maternity leave, if we want to pay our bills and live in the manner to which we've become accustomed, I had to go back to work. I was a bit concerned about how we were all going to get ready and out the door in the morning, but so far (knock on wood), everything has gone pretty smoothly! I'll wake up at 6am to shower and get ready, leaving Dave to watch Aaron, who, for at least 2 of the 3 days I worked this week, slept peacefully in our bed with him. Once I get dressed, I'll take Aaron and Dave will get Mudgie up ready to go for the day. The kids and I get out of the house around 7:15, leaving Dave to plenty of time to get himself ready and out the door (in peace).

Aaron has been doing really well at Karen's, but his naps are only 30-45 minutes long. To be honest, they are not usually all that much longer at home unless I'm holding him or wearing him. He's been taking 3 40z bottles at daycare, which is less than Mudgie needed to get through the day if I remember correctly. He's usually pretty content in the car ride there and back, and if he does start to stir, Mudgie is right there to comfort him. On our way to daycare the first day, Aaron started to fuss and Mudgie said, "Shhh, Aaron. Be there couple minutes." Freakin' adorable I tell you!

Aaron is getting to be such a big boy. There were a couple nights last week when he slept for 4+ hours in a row. That was a nice treat with me being back at work. He also loves to check out the world, so we got a baby bjorn for him so he can look out (instead of at us) and we can have our hands to get stuff done. It was a big hit! We also introduced him to the exersaucer this weekend. His feet don't quite touch the bottom of it yet, but he seems very content to sit in there and look at the toys or at himself in the mirror. I can see him growing up already, and it's all going by so fast. I'm just trying to savor every minute of it.

1 comment:

Lisa Weatherwax Bagnall said...

Aaron is such a big boy now and Mudgie sounds like he is being such a fabulous big brother ;)