





So it would appear that Aaron is getting some more teeth. He has 2 white bumps where his 2 front teeth will be, and he's gnawing on everything he can get his hands on (but his favorite thing is a beer bottle...don't ask how we figured that one out). In any event, he's been a bit fussier than normal, and waking up more at night. Here's hoping they pop through soon so he will return to the happy, sleeping baby I had last week. And then here's hoping that he's over the biting Mommy phase, because with 4 chompers, that could really hurt!
For Mother's Day, I asked that we all go on a hike. I've been wanting to go to New Hampshire for a few weeks, but the timing just hasn't worked out. Unfortunately, the weather looked like it might not cooperate, and since Aaron's cast can't get wet, we decided to just head to Mt. Monadnock since it's so close. When we started out, the weather was pretty good, but there were so many bugs. They were the little black May flies, and they were driving us all nuts! They were tolerable if we were moving at a decent clip, but once Mudgie decided he wanted to hike on his own (something I would have been all for if not for these bugs), we were all done. We made it about 1/3 of the way up, stopped by a river so Mudgie could throw rocks in, and then turned around and went back (about the same time it started raining). These bugs were relentless, and we were all getting annoyed, and poor Aaron got bit by a few!
Fortunately, the short hike left us plenty of time to play outside this afternoon, as well as finish all the outdoor work that needed to be done. Mudgie enjoyed "helping" Daddy spread mulch and open the pool. He wanted to go in the pool, but was pretty receptive to the fact that it's still too cold.
Aaron's cast comes off on Tuesday, and I have a feeling that he is just going to take off. Even with the cast on he's able to scoot himself across the room, and he's able to "crawl" backwards...pretty much the same thing he was doing before he broke his leg. He's also clapping now, which is so adorable, and he still loves to wave hi. His other big milestone of the week is that he now goes down the slide by himself. I can put him at the top of the slide, and he'll scoot himself over the edge and slide down. He loves it!
Mudgie is still absolutely hilarious. He is totally ready to be potty trained, but wants nothing to do with the thing. Today I was pushing him in the swing in the backyard when he told me, "I am sitting in my swing with a poopy in my diaper." Great. Yesterday, Mudgie was eating lunch outside and watching Dave do yard work around the pool. He was like a little cheerleader, telling him "Good job, Daddy" after he did anything. Then, there was my favorite conversation of the week on Friday morning:
Mudgie: "Why you going to work, Daddy?"
Dave: "So I can make money to pay for your college."
Mudgie: "Thanks, Daddy."
I wish I could walk around with a tape recorder on all the time so I could remember all these conversations...
No comments:
Post a Comment