






It seems so insignificant, but to me, outgrowing the infant car seat is such a big deal. First, there is loss of convenience, being able to take the whole thing, kid and all, in and out of the car. Not that it has felt like much of a convenience lately, since Aaron is probably about 20 lbs, plus the weight of the seat itself, but I have trouble with these transitions. This weekend we finally moved Aaron into the convertible carseat.
I thought it would be a good idea to put Aaron's carseat in the middle seat for 2 reasons. First, it would give the person in the passenger's seat more room, and second, I thought the boys would have fun sitting next to each other. I think I may have been wrong on both accounts. The passenger's seat is still limited in how far it can move back, and it seems that the boys are not happy being so close to each other either. More specifically, Mudgie is not happy that Aaron can now throw toys on him and spill his sippy on him. It is, however, pretty amusing to listen to the going-ons of backseat now:
Aaron throws a toy on Mudgie.
Mudgie: "No thank you, Aaron."
Aaron throws the same toy on Mudgie.
Mudgie: "No, Aaron, you play with this."
Aaron throws the same toy on Mudgie, again.
Mudgie: "NO Aaron! I don't want this!"
Let's hope I'm not moving Aaron's carseat in a week.
Aaron is such a big boy now, getting into everything. He's so fast when he seems something he wants (shoes, trash cans, Mudgie's sippy cups, etc.) that we really need to watch him all the time. He is, however, also getting better at playing with toys and entertaining himself, so there are some perks, too. Mudgie is still working on the potty training thing, and while he sits on the potty, he has yet to "produce" on there. However, with vacation coming up next week, I'm totally ok not pushing it, and I do feel like he is becoming more aware of things every week, so I'm pretty confident that by the end of the summer, we should see some significant progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment