Sunday, June 5, 2011

KK's Reunion Party









All in all, it was a pretty great week. Aaron got another tooth (and that brings us to 6 new teeth in the past 3 weeks...I think we should be done for a while), the weather was nice, and we had lots of fun over the weekend.

On Friday, the boys and I met some friends at Drumlin Farm. When I told Mudgie we were going to the farm, all he could talk about was going on a tractor ride. He was so excited for it. When we get to the farm, he starts crying when he sees the tractor and wants to go home (we didn't). We walked around and looked at the animals for a while, and we saw some birds, sheep, and pigs. When it came time to take a tractor ride, I had to carry Mudgie on kicking and screaming (literally), but once we were on we had a great time. Aaron, my little animal lover, had a great time, and would have had an even better time if his big brother wasn't being so disagreeable! Even so, after the tractor ride, Mudgie was in a better mood (maybe because he conquered a fear) and we all had a nice picnic lunch. Then, after nap time, Lauren and Michael came over to our house to play outside. All the kids had a lot of fun, and Aaron really loved when Lauren pushed him in the swing and took him down the slide. It looks like Aaron is already wooing the ladies!

Saturday was not the best day of the week. Aaron woke up with a fever, which I initially thought was just from teething. However, when I tried to take him with me to the store and he threw up in the car (yuck!), I knew it must be something more. He ran a fever all day, threw up again, and wanted nothing to do with solid food. He was so sleepy that he took 2 good naps and then went to bed for the night at 5:30pm. He slept straight through until 3am, when he woke up, ate, and went right back down until 6am. Now, I don't want poor Aaron to be sick, but I could definitely handle more nights like that!

Fortunately, it seemed like he was doing much better on Sunday. He still wanted nothing to do with solid food, and he was still extra tired and cranky, but at least the fever seemed to be gone, and after his afternoon nap, he seemed to be feeling pretty good, which was fortunate because we had Karen's 20th reunion party to go to. K-K threw a huge party for her 20th year doing daycare, and she invited her daycare "graduates" and current kids to come. There was a giant bouncy house with a slide, pony rides, and a petting zoo. Mudgie wanted nothing to do with any of the animals, but Aaron, of course, loved it. He was having a blast in the little petting zoo until...a goat bit his fingers! Poor Aaron! I was trying to keep the goat from climbing on us and didn't notice him nibbling away on poor Aaron. Fortunately, all his digits remained in tact, and he just got a little scared.

Mudgie had a great time playing with all his daycare friends, eating junk food, and running around. It was nice for us too, as we got a chance to chat with all the other moms and dads who we usually just see in passing. It was also nice to see that K-K's graduates are well-behaved children. It was a great party, and fun weekend.

Dave has to go to California next week for work, so it will just be me and the boys. Wish us luck!

No comments: