Sunday, June 19, 2011

So Much Sweetness











There is not much new this week, yet we have so much going on. Let's start with Aaron and his sleep. Last Sunday night was one of the worst ones yet. He was up every 45 minutes - 1 hour, and I was a zombie. His sleep was just getting worse and worse, and something needed to be done. On Monday night, sleep training resumed, and while he cried a couple of times before then, I didn't need to go into his room until 2:30am. What an improvement! That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the week, and he back to only waking up 1-2 times a night. There was even 1 night where he slept straight through until 5am. It was very nice, though I must admit that I had built up so much sleep debt that the one night really didn't do much to help. So, things are currently much better on the sleep front!

Aaron continues to become more and more mobile by the day. He's now crawling like a champ, pulling himself up to standing on anything he can (and on lots of things he shouldn't), cruising along the furniture, and even taking a few steps (though not with any regularity). He's even starting to try the stairs, but fortunately he hasn't figured those out yet. The other trick he's finally mastered is sitting himself up. The biggest problem with this is that he does it in his crib at night and during naps, and he hasn't figured out how to lay himself back down! I actually think this is one the reasons he's still waking up as much as he is...

Both these boys are SO cuddly. Aaron has become very clingy, and will cry until I pick him up. When I do, he proceeds to put his head on my shoulder, his thumb in his mouth, and his other hand in my cleavage...fine at home, but a little awkward in public! I think because Aaron has become such a Mama's boy lately, Mudgie wants to get in on the Mama action as well, and I often have both boys crawling all over me, which, if I'm being honest, is pretty awesome! The other day I was snuggling with the boys when I told Mudgie, "I need a kiss" and stole one from his cheek. Then he told me, "I need a belly button" and proceeded to play with mine. He really doesn't need or ask for my belly button much anymore, and I'm ok with that, but it's one of his few "baby" things he still does, so I don't deny him when he asks.

And speaking of baby things that Mudgie does, we are really pushing the potty training. He has been getting more and more uncomfortable in dirty/wet diapers, and asking to be changed more often. He will sit on his little potty, but has yet to ask to sit on it when he actually has to go. He knows that if he "performs" on the potty, he will get a "super special special treat"...M&M's! However, this apparently has not been enticing enough yet. Soon, we hope.

We had a really nice family weekend. On Saturday we played around the house, went swimming, and went to the park. On Saturday night, Dave and I went out on a much needed date (I can count on 1 hand the number of dates we've had since Aaron was born). I put Aaron to bed before we went out, and fortunately, he slept the entire time we were gone. One of our babysitters, Sarah, came over to watch the boys, and Mudgie was SO excited for her all evening. Which made how shy he acted when she got here even more comical. The act only lasted about 5 mintues, and by the time we left, they were happily playing in the basement.

On Sunday, Father's Day, we went strawberry picking. Mudgie wasn't really into the "picking" part, but he loved putting the ones we picked into the baskets (or his belly). Aaron was a good sport about it too, considering he was really just along for the ride. After nap, we went to car wash, and while I totally expected Mudgie to freak out, he did surprisingly well. Perhaps that's because he knew we were going to Kimballs afterward. We all thoroughly enjoyed our ice cream. It was a great day!

No comments: