Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!










It was a fun (albeit slightly sick) Easter weekend. There has been a coughing cold going around the house since last weekend. I got it first, then Mudgie, and then Aaron. The only one who has escaped (so far) is Dave.

Mudgie had a fever Wednesday morning, which meant he had to stay home from daycare. Since I'm still super busy at work, Dave stayed home with him. It was actually a really nice day for them. Mudgie, who almost never has time alone with Daddy, was in heaven. The two of them played all day, and Mudgie even showed Dave how to make chocolate chip cookies. They were both in a great mood when Aaron and I got home, so even though he was sick, I think it was a really special day for them both!

Aaron got his fever on Friday, waking up from nap with temperature of 103! Even still, the boys and I had a really nice time all day. We spent about 2 hours at the playground that morning, going on the swings and the slides. Aaron was a great little climber, following Mudgie all over the "bid kid" parts. Mudgie made friends with a 4-year-old little boy who was at the playground. I'm so proud of my little man for stepping out of his comfort zone and interacting with kids he's never met before. It's something that never would have happened a year ago!

On Saturday we went to an Easter egg hunt at a local nursery. Mudgie loved looking for eggs, and even though he still wasn't feeling great, Aaron got pretty into too. However, they both loved the aftermath of opening the eggs and eating the treats. In fact, I'm pretty sure they've consumed almost no real food all weekend, surviving solely on Easter junk!

The Easter bunny visited our house on Sunday, leaving more candy than our kids can consume between now and next Easter...I guess Dave and I will have to help them out! They loved opening their baskets, and Mudgie was in heaven during the Easter egg hunt outside! Aaron also had a good time, and since there weren't 100 other kids at this hunt, he even got more than 3 eggs. After the hunt we had a lot of fun playing with the bubbles they got in their baskets. These kids love playing outside, and it's a great way for them to burn off their energy! Even with everyone still feeling under the weather, we managed to have a great weekend.

No comments: