Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Games






I really think that all the "novel" ideas of the 21st century were invented by kids.  All their parents had to do was refine them a bit and poof, you're rich!  This weekend alone, Mudgie came up with several very clever concepts.  Granted, most of his new games/ideas had already been invented, but at least for him, it was all new.

Let's start with his "music player," otherwise known as his stethoscope from his doctor kit.  After he finished playing doctor and examining both Dave and me at our doctor's "re-pointments" as Mudgie called it, he carried the stethoscope around for the rest of the night, listening to it "play music."  Then when we were driving in the car, Mudgie was pretending to watch movies on the back of Dave's head rest.  But the invention that he spent the most time with was his new game "scoreball."  It involved us standing at the bottom of the stairs and throwing balls up the stairs, and then catching them when they rolled back down.  Now the kid has an amazing memory, and he did play skeeball last year, so I certainly can't give him all the credit, but he sure is a creative little guy!

As for Aaron, the words have started coming fast and furious.  He'll now tell us when a tv show is "over," and he loves to "walk up" and "walk down" the stairs.  When I was getting him ready for a bath and I saw a red spot on his leg, I asked him what it was, and he immediately told me, "rash."  He's also practicing his theatrical skills.  He's perfected the shock face and the angry face, but he's still working on the sad face.  He is so dramatic and loves to get a laugh.  If we lived in LA he'd make a great child actor (though I'm not sure that's a good thing).

In any event, life continues on, and we all seem to be having a lot of fun with it.  We have accepted an offer on the house and are enjoying the opportunity to be a little messier once again.  Now we just need to find a new one so we are not homeless in 2 months.

No comments: