Sunday, June 7, 2009

Uncle David Graduates High School



Mudgie's Uncle David (Mommy's baby brother) graduated from high school this weekend. We made the long trip down to Long Island to attend all the festivities. This was Mudgie's longest car ride yet, and I must say he did pretty well! We left late Friday evening (8pm) hoping that Mudgie would sleep the whole way down there. He woke up once, and we stopped for a quick feeding, but then he was back asleep and we were back on the road. We made it down to NY around midnight. There were still a few people waiting up to see Mudgie, who woke up as soon as we pulled in the driveway. Unfortunately, with the commotion of arrival, Mudgie was too wound up to go back to sleep, and was up until almost 2am! Then he was up for the day at 6:45...ouch!

I went to Uncle David's graduation while Daddy stayed with Mudgie. Then we all went to the graduation party later in the day. Mudgie was on his best behavior, which was impressive considering the party was at a restaurant, and we spent more than 3 hours there! He was so overtired by the end that I ended up taking him out to the car and getting him to take a nap out there. We all went back to the house for some more quality family time before we left for the long trek back Saturday night.

Aside from Friday night, when there were extenuating circumstances, Mudgie's sleep habits have been much improved this week...thankfully! He is getting so good at walking with 1 hand, and anyone who didn't know him would think he's going to crawl any second. He's growing up so fast, and going to David's graduation just made me realize how quickly it will all go by. I remember holding David for the first time, playing with his chubby little baby legs, watching Barney and Thomas the Tank Engine, and playing with his army men. I can't believe my baby brother is now an 18-year-old man who will be going to college. I feel like I just graduated from college! So with that in mind, I continue to try and savor every day, every diaper, every tear, and every cuddle, because I know they will all be gone too quickly.

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Sounds like Mudgie is becoming quite the socialite!