Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mudgie Does Monadnock!






Mudgie and I survived the week without Daddy. I'm not going to lie...it was rough. Let's start with Monday night. Since Daddy wasn't home to watch Mudgie, I couldn't teach my weekly gym classes. Instead, I decided to take advantage of the nursery hours at one of my gyms and go take a class. When I dropped Mudgie off in the nursery, there was one other girl (about his age) in there. She was eating a snack when we got there, and since Mudgie loves to eat, I got him set up at the table and eating a snack with her. He seemed happy enough so I made my exit. As I was walking away, another family was heading toward the nursery. When they opened the door to go into the nursery, I heard Mudgie crying...so I ran to the class as fast as I could! Since no one came to get me, I assumed everything was good. When I went to pick him up, the nursery worker asked me, "Does he always have that blood-curdling scream?" That's my Mudgie! Anyway, we didn't go back to the gym after that.

The rest of the week went pretty smoothly, with the exception of the mornings. Daddy usually watches Mudgie while I get ready, so this week he had to play in his crib while I took a shower. He didn't like that. Then I took him out and let him run around while I finished getting ready. Unfortunately, all he wanted during that time was for me to hold him, which I couldn't do since I was getting ready. He didn't like that either. Pretty much the mornings became a huge screamfest, and I couldn't do anything about it. Oh well.

This weekend was much nicer. Daddy came home on Thursday night, and spent the whole weekend with us. On Saturday we all hiked up Mt. Monadnock. It was really hot, but Mudgie seemed to really like (except for when he got hungry and tired), and he did really well in the backpack all day. On the way down he was so tired that he even fell asleep in the pack! For a little boy who doesn't sleep well, he can sure find a way to sleep when he wants to! The whole trip was probably just under 5 hours, and I think we all had a really good time.

Next weekend is our big camping adventure. I'm a little nervous, but also pretty excited. Let's hope Mudgie enjoys camping as much as his parents!

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Cute Pics!