Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mudgie Goes Camping!






Well, as we were driving to Lake George on Friday, with lightening bolts coming down all around us, and sheets of water pouring from the sky, I was really thinking of bailing on the camping trip. What was I thinking???? Fortunately, once we finally got to the lake, after a stop at Target to pick up some rain gear, the weather improved considerably.

Mudgie really seemed to enjoy riding on the boat, and now knows that it too, like the car, goes "vroom, vroom." We got to camp and set up our tent. Our site was gorgeous! It was huge, with great views of the mountains and the lake...I was so glad we went through with it. Mudgie slept well in the tent, enjoyed eating lots of junk food (that boy seemed to mooch chips off of everyone), and even went swimming in Lake George. He fed the ducks, and learned that they go "quack, quack," and I think he's trying to say duck. The weather held out for us, and we only really had any rain on Sunday morning.

While Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed tubing on the lake, Mudgie much preferred the land activities. Yes, he did love watching Mommy on (and off) the tube, but he really liked exploring our campsite. There were so many sticks that had to be put in their proper place, and so much dirt to play with (and eat) that Mudgie never got bored! In fact, I think he was more than a little sad to leave when Sunday rolled around.

Aside from a very long trip home, it was a very nice weekend. We enjoyed spending time with family, both camping with Grampy Steve, Uncle David, and Aunt Elizabeth, but also visiting with all the other Grammies and Grampies on our way home. I just hope Mudgie didn't get "spoiled" by sleeping in bed with Mama all weekend. He's super cuddly, but at home, he needs to sleep in that crib!

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am glad you all had a great time! It also sounds like Mudgie is just like his Mommy and Daddy-a true outdoors-man! I can't wait until Mudgie gets to explore Auntie Lisa & Uncle Robb's territory-THE BEACH!