As I mentioned last week, Mudgie had an ultrasound on his head this week. The doctor was concerned that, according to the measurements, his head circumference had gone from the 25th percentile to the 95th percentile. We went to a special ultrasound technician who worked with Children's Hosptial, so one would think she would have been good with kids and parents. Well, this woman had NO social skills whatsoever. She didn't smile when she came to get us out of the waiting room. She didn't smile at Mudgie to help him feel at ease in the ultrasound room, and she didn't smile when she told us he was fine. In fact, her exact words were, "He appears to be normal...neurologically." Really? Well, at least Mudgie got her back when he screamed at the top of his lungs during the ENTIRE procedure...as we left I apologized for any hearing loss we may have caused!
Mudgie's boo-boos are healing nicely, and I'm sure he will be back to good in no time, provided he doesn't accumulate more of them (like when he scored a bump on his head by falling into the cabinets at daycare). I think he's also headed into a growth spurt, since he couldn't eat enough food today, and he's been taking great naps, and he even slept until 6:15 this morning (a vast improvement from the 5:15 we've been seeing since we turned the clocks back). Also added to the mix is the fact that he's cutting more teeth. The poor little guy has a lot going on!
Mudgie's vocabulary is really expanding. He will now ask for milk and tacos by name. He can almost say Tiggy, and a whole plethora of other words that I can't think of at the moment. The best, however, is his ability to respond to yes or no questions. He can shake his head yes and no, and understands the difference between them. This had made a huge difference in our ability to communicate with each other.
He's really quite a little character who loves to look at himself. He will stare at himself in any reflective surface, loves to look at pictures of himself, and we discovered this week that he also loves to watch movies of himself! Are all toddlers this fond of themselves?
1 comment:
Yes, as far as I know, most toddlers are that fond of themselves! However, he does have the "Moe" gene in him (you know the one that compels her to stop and look in any and every mirror she sees? LOL)
I must say these pics of Mudgie are quite handsome! I love his haircut, he looks like such a little man!
Also, I would like to suggest that you kindly contact by letter or email someone who cares to listen about your experience at the hospital with that horrible ultrasound technician! I am so glad Mudgie possibly gave her a mild hearing loss! Maybe he wouldn't have screamed if she showed even a remote interest in making him feel comfortable...the nerve of some people...geez...nobody puts my nephew in the corner!!! LOL.
Post a Comment