Well, there was something going around daycare last week, so I wasn't really surprised when I got a call at 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon to say that Mudgie had a fever, and I should go pick him up. We dosed him with some Tylenol to bring down the fever, but that was really just the beginning. He was up crying every hour all night long, and on Wednesday morning he was a feverish, wheezing mess, so Daddy stayed home with him to take him to the doctor. His blood oxygen level was a little low, so they gave him a nebulizer breathing treatment and a prescription for some steroids to help him breathe a little better. My poor little man! He spent another night waking up every 1-2 hours, and while his fever went away, we could still hear him wheezing, so we kept him home again so I could give him a breathing treatment every 4 hours. By Thursday night, he was sleeping a whopping 2.5 hours at a time!
On Friday afternoon we drove up to Bretton Woods, New Hampshire for a ski weekend with Dave's parents. The condo we stayed at was amazing, but poor Mudgie was still not back to his normal, happy self. We woke up on Saturday and tried to all go for a few runs, but even bundled up tight like "a tick about to pop," as Daddy would put it, Mudgie wanted no part of skiing. In fact, the only thing he really wanted to do all weekend was cuddle with Mommy. So rather than fight a sick boy, we just gave in and let him hang out with me (on me) as much as he wanted. Fortunately, he seems to be feeling much better.
The only thing Mudgie has been really excited about the past few days is being "nakie." He gets so excited when you tell him you will get him undressed. It doesn't matter how cold it is, he wants to get naked and stay that way as often as he can! When we were at the condo I told him he had to keep his diaper on (because we've had a few accidents at home when we go without), and my smart little man asked me "why?" He's so smart! I just hope he gets 100% better soon so we can all get some more rest and we can all have intelligent conversations.
1 comment:
HILARIOUS! I can't believe he asked "why?"...HAHA...now the real fun starts!
Post a Comment