Yes, that's right. At 18 months, Mudgie hit the slopes of Sugarloaf this weekend. We went up to visit our friends the Coughlins, who have a beautiful cabin up there. Since he really started having fun in the snow last weekend, I was hopeful that things would go well. They started off a little shakey when Mudgie pitched a fit when we tried to put the skis on him. However, when we finally got the things on, his mood changed considerably. At first Dave and I tried walking with him between our legs, and he seemed ok with that, but when Kate, who was on skis, took him down the bunny hill between her legs, he was in heaven. He had a huge smile on his face and kept asking for "more." Kate took him up the magic carpet, and after that went well they went on the chair lift as well! We are both so happy that he enjoyed himself so much, and we can't wait to take out again next weekend.
Mudgie also had his 18-month check-up this week. He weighs in at 25.8 lbs (actually down a little bit from his last visit), and is 31.25" long, which puts at 50% for weight and about 25% for height. However, with the amount of food the little guy has been putting away lately, I think he's gearing up for a growth spurt. He big noggin still puts him at 95% for head circumference, but I think he needs it to hold all those brains! He is just so smart. Not to brag (well, maybe a little), but the doctor asked if he's started feeding himself, and I laughed thinking of how he's been doing that for months. Then he asked if Mudgie ever turns the page of a book, and I really laughed as Mudgie has been entertaining himself with books for extended periods of time since he was probably 9 months old! Anyway, our little man seems to be developing right on track, and we couldn't be more proud.
1 comment:
ADORABLE! Mudgie mobile on skis!
Post a Comment