Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Aaron's 2-month visit




So, most of these posts still focus on Mudgie, who, let's face it, does a lot more than Aaron does right now. But I still thought it would be nice to give Aaron the spotlight for a change.

Before we get to the doctor's visit, let's talk about sleep, or the lack thereof. For a little while, Aaron was sleeping fairly well, in 2-3 hour stretches. For the past couple weeks, however, I'm lucky if I get 1 2-hour stretch per night. There were even a few nights where he was up3 almost every 30 minutes! I'm hoping that this new phase is short-lived because I don't know how much more my body can stand. Also, I'm going back to work in less than 2 weeks, and I'm not sure I'll be qualified to work with multi-million dollar space hardware when I can't even remember if I brushed my teeth today!

Fortunately for him, Aaron has some redeeming qualities to make up for those restless nights. He has the best smiles! He was napping in my lap the other day, and when he woke up and saw me, he recognized me and smiled, as if to say, "I'm so glad you're here." Of course he then started to cry because he was hungry, but it was nice to feel appreciated. Also, he's a very good communicator. He only really cries if he's hungry, gassy, or tired. Granted, he's one of those things fairly often, but I'm getting pretty good at figuring out which one! When he's awake and not any of those, he is content to just sit with you and observe the world. He's so much more laid-back than Mudgie ever was.

Now on to the doctor. Aaron is still a big boy, weighing in at 13 lbs 5 oz, and is now 24 inches long. He was so good during the whole visit. He let the nurse and the doctor look at and measure everything they needed to. He even sucked down his oral vaccine with ease. However, he was not such a happy camper when they stuck him with 3 needles for his non-oral vaccines. My poor little baby! He nursed afterward and calmed down pretty quickly, but I think it was a traumatic experience for both of us.

No comments: