

It was a pretty uneventful week. Aaron had a couple pretty good nights of sleeping, and a couple not so good nights. Mudgie even woke up one night. He started calling for me around midnight on Thursday (or technically Friday morning), and I was really annoyed as Aaron had only fallen asleep about an hour before. However, I go into his room, and he said, "Play with Mama's bell (aka belly) button?" It was so cute and sweet that I couldn't say no (or be annoyed anymore).
That middle of the night wake up was our first cue that something was off with Mudgie. On Friday morning he had snot pouring out of his nose. Yup...he had a cold. He was "off" all weekend, having meltdowns over absolutely nothing. He had a couple marathon meltdowns (think 30-45 minutes of intense screaming and crying) where he simultaneously wanted and didn't want everything and nothing all at the same time. Fortunately, he seems to be improving, and now we are just hoping that Aaron can avoid it, even if he's been extra sniffly and fussy today.
Aaron, on the other hand, has been having some extended periods of "playful" time during the day. He'll get very smiley and enjoy playing with me on the floor. It's those times that make up for the cranky, crying boy that shows up every evening when he gets really tired and can't put himself to sleep. We spend the "witching hour(s)" nursing, dancing, and singing before we finally get him to fall asleep in the swing. Unfortunately, this is usually the only side of Aaron that Dave sees all week, so the poor guy thinks his son hates him!
One final point of interest this week...football season is here, and I've made it my mission to get Mudgie to watch (and enjoy) football with me. So far he calls all quarterbacks Tom Brady, told us he wants to play defense and then tackled his dad, and wants to wear a helmet like all the players (see photo above in Dave's hockey helmet). I'd say it was a pretty successful week 1!
1 comment:
Oh that's a good one...Mudgie calls all the quarterbacks Tom Brady-Priceless! I know Uncle Robb would NOT appreciate that!
Post a Comment