Friday, January 21, 2011

More snow, food, and teeth!






That's right, Aaron now has teeth! And not just one...there are 2 little razor blades in there. He's such a big boy. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he's sleeping any better. In fact, he's still glued to me whenever we are together. I'm surprised I've even had a moment to write about it! He's also had more food...sweet potatoes this time. I think he's starting to figure out what to do with the stuff, but it's still a very messy adventure.

Mudgie had a first this week too...his first vomit. That's right. He managed to go 2.5 years without doing it (baby spit-up doesn't count). I'm about to get graphic, so if you don't want details, just skip this paragraph. I woke to Mudgie calling for me and crying at 5:30am on Thursday. I was annoyed that he was up so early, and that Dave wasn't getting him, but I went into his room to see if I could get him back to sleep. It smelled in there. Mudgie said he had poopie in his bed. Great. I turned on the light, and he was swimming in grossness. I get him out of bed and get Dave up to give him a bath. I realize it's not poo, but vomit, but he doesn't have a fever, and he says he feels ok. After getting cleaned up, he and Dave go downstairs. I'm getting ready for work when I hear Dave scream. Mudgie threw up again...on Dave. As I go in to help the situation, more comes out, again, all over Dave! Poor Mudgie doesn't really know what's happening. As I take him to clean him up, he tells me he needs a "burp cloth" and he's sorry he "spit up" on Daddy. My poor, thoughtful little boy! I spent the day at home with the boys after that, but fortunately there were no more incidents.

On Saturday we took the boys to their first colorguard show. Aaron stayed in the Bjorn the whole time, but was quiet in there, so I take that as a sign he liked it. Mudgie, however, loved it. At first he found it a little loud, but then he got really into it. He loved watching the guards, and for one guard he was swaying all around, getting really into it. He also loved the announcer. He started saying, "ladies and gentlemen," and for all you guard people who have been to shows, he also started saying, "YOU" complete with the finger point! It was awesome, and I'm so glad he liked it.

On Sunday we tried to take Mudgie sledding. He and Dave went down the snow ramp Dave built off the deck. Then we went to the park to take him down a big hill. That was a big fail. First, it was ridiculously cold, so that didn't help matters. He wanted to climb up the hill, and he seemed to like watching other kids slide down, but he wanted no part of it. I dragged him into the sled with me at one point, thinking he'd have fun if he just tried it, but in hindsight that probably wasn't a great move. Oh well...maybe he'll be up for it next weekend.


No comments: