
We had a really great week off! Dave and I took the week off from work, and the kids took the week off from daycare, and we had some great quality time together. First, we brought back 8am mornings. Dave and I have once again started taking turns getting up with the kids, allowing the other to sleep in until at least 8am. While I'm still waking up with Aaron more times than I can count, getting that extra 1.5 - 2 hours in the morning is huge!
We did a few outings this week, too. On Thursday we went into Boston. The plan was to go for a ride on the T and go ice skating on the frog pond. Mudgie loved riding the T. He loved going underground, going through the tunnel, and hearing the "conductor" say what station was next. As for the ice skating, the line to go skating was ridiculous, and we knew if we were to wait in it, either Mudgie or Aaron would have a meltdown as soon as we got to the front. Fortunately, there is a playground just across from the frog pond, and Mudgie seemed happy enough to just watch the skaters and play in the park.
On Friday we explored an indoor playground in our town. Mudgie didn't really want to go (he wanted to stay home and watch Caillou all day), and he had several meltdowns before we got inside, but once I convinced him to try it out, he was sold. The place is like a giant hamster maze for kids, and even though Mudgie can't do a lot of it yet, he was pretty thrilled with what he could get to. He even learned how to "let go" a bit and really jump into the ball pit and off some of the structures. By the end, he had even perfected the running jump! Aaron was a huge fan of this place as well. There were so many kids and colors and cool things to look at that he was completely mesmerized by it all!
I also had grand plans of potty training Mudgie this week. We did manage to get him to put on a pair of the big boy undies that Santa brought him, but he had no interest at all of doing anything on the potty. In fact, the whole thing ended with him having an accident on the couch, and me decided to table the potty training thing until the summer. He did, however, graduate from the high chair this week, which is especially convenient considering Aaron will be starting to use it next weekend. That boy wants to eat some food!
We had a fun week and weekend playing with all the new toys and just spending time together as a family. Dave and I are sad to have to go back to work tomorrow, but I think Mudgie is actually a little excited to see all his friends from daycare. I can't say enough great things about Karen, and I'm so happy that both the boys seem to like it there so much. I can only hope that Aaron will have great friends there like Mudgie does.
No comments:
Post a Comment