It was a good week, and not only because Aaron had some of his best nights of sleep in months! Although he has all but stopped napping at daycare, he had 3 nights with extended periods of sleep. On Monday night he slept from 10:30-3. It was one of the longest stretches of sleep either of us has had since I went back to work! Then the next night he slept from 8-4:45, when I woke up SO engorged that I had to wake Aaron to make him eat! It was wonderful! Of course this pattern didn't continue, but it's nights like that that remind me how quickly this time goes by...we can all make it.
On Friday this week Aaron had a doctor's appointment at Children's Hospital in Waltham. No need to worry. Aaron is fine, which was the best news of the day, but in a not-too-distant second was how well Mudgie behaved at the doctor's. Now, as we all know, Mudgie is none too fond of doctors, so I was worried that he was going to cause a scene. Amazingly, he was quiet, cooperative, and 100% well-behaved the entire trip. What a great boy!
That night, however, both boys had runny noses and fevers. Mudgie happily drank his medicine (from a cup like a big boy), but poor Aaron took his and then threw up! Actually, it was more like projection vomited it all over both of us...gross! He was pretty miserable that night, but when he woke up in the morning he seemed to be better, as did Mudgie. Aside from Aaron being glued to my side (or boob), both the boys seemed fine.
On Sunday we had another date with Talia. We went to One Stop Fun with her, and then out to lunch afterward. Both Mudgie and Talia seemed to have a great time at One Stop Fun, and Mudgie did a lot more exploring there this time than he did last time. He also went down this enormous slide all by himself! I was so proud. I guess there was a little meltdown when we first got to the restaurant for lunch (I stayed in the car to feed Aaron), but things settled down and we all had a (fairly) relaxing meal after that.
Aaron now loves spending time in the exersaucer, which allows us to do things like cook or eat dinner with 2 hands! He's getting so good at playing by himself, and really just has such a different personality than Mudgie did at this age. I feel like he just gets cuter and more interactive every day. Mudgie loves him too, and thinks it's so funny how Aaron can now reach out and grab him. It's amazing, but they really do play with each other already, and I can't wait to see what happens when Aaron becomes mobile!
Also, back by popular demand, another round of Who's Who? For those wondering, the last time, Eli was on top (with the white crib sheet). One of the pictures of the baby on the changing table is Eli, and the other is Aaron. Can you guess who is who?
1 comment:
I'm going with Mudgie being in the bottom photo -- I think he had the more pronounced widow's peak of the two.
However, right of wrong, there's no mistaking the presidential aura that surrounds both. I just worry that Mudgie will lose Massachusetts because the people resent the years he spent playing center field for the Yankees.
(Sorry, Dave, you can lead a boy to hockey, but you can't make him move to Moose Jaw)
G.M.
Post a Comment