Well, there is good news to report and bad news. Let's start with the good. Eli is finally starting to eat less. He will still cluster feed (aka eat for hours at a time) in the late evening until he goes to bed, but for the most part, his daytime eating is every 2-4 hours, and he only eats for a half-hour at a time. He is also starting to take regular naps during the day. He will take 2 or 3 1-2 hour naps each day.
Now for the bad news. Eli will only sleep on Mommy, so while he is sleeping more and more regularly, it doesn't give me anymore free time! And, he's started sleeping in our bed. It started out that Daddy would get Eli before he went to work and bring him into our bed, and Eli and I would stay there for a while before we got up. But for the past week, Eli does not want to be in his crib. He will fall asleep on me or in my arms, but within minutes of putting him in his crib he will wake up screaming. For all our sake I just bring him into bed with us. He sleeps better, I don't really have to wake up to feed him, and we all wake up happy. I definitely don't want this to go on forever, but for now, it works.
I also discovered how I can make Eli like to shop...no stroller for him. If I put him in our baby carrier so that I'm wearing him, he is happy. He just wants to be held constantly. Once I figured this out, we have been able to get out just about every day. He's still not a fan of the car, but once we get to our destination, things are ok.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment